Sweet potatoes are wonderful year-’round, but they really come into their own in fall meals.
After all, they’re orange (fall’s official color). They play well with other fall flavors like nuts and maple syrup.
And what would Thanksgiving be without a sweet potato casserole? (That side dish is so iconic that we’re giving it a post all its own.)
But there are plenty of other scrumptious ways to serve up sweet potatoes. Baked, sauteed, roasted, mashed, or spiralized; sweet or savory–however you prefer to cook them, they’ll be a welcome addition to any fall or winter meal.
And did I mention they’re loaded with vitamin A?
Here are some of my favorite sweet potato side dish recipes (that aren’t casseroles; it’s not fair to make anybody compete with sweet potato casseroles):
This post may contain some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
15 scrumptious sweet potato side dish recipes
1. Roasted sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts via The Food Charlatan
2. Balsamic vinegar sweet potato kale saute via A Joyfully Mad Kitchen
3. Bourbon butter sweet potatoes via The Speckled Palate
4. Maple walnut twice-baked potatoes via Savory Nothings
5. Caramelized sweet potato and kale fried wild rice via Iowa Girl Eats
6. Sweet potato and cauliflower mash via The Fit Fork
7. Vegan pumpkin sweet potato risotto via Diary of an Ex Sloth
8. Cranberry, walnut, and sweet potato wild rice pilaf via Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice
9. Sweet potato gnocchi with broccoli rabe and garlic sage butter sauce via Pinch of Yum
10. Brown butter rosemary mashed sweet potatoes via Spoonful of Flavor
11. Garlic butter smashed sweet potatoes with Parmesan via Cafe Delites
12. Spiralizer sweet potato with goat cheese, caramelized onion, and pine nuts via A Pinch of Healthy