Craving tasty comfort food but short on time? Try this collection of hearty vegan slow cooker curry recipes.
Slow cookers are useful year-round, but they really come into their own in the Fall. Things are getting busier with back-to-school plans, leaving less time for cooking and meal prep. But as the weather gets cooler, we’re also craving more comfort food.
And we don’t want to sacrifice nutrition for convenience.
The answer: slow cooker curry dishes. I love that I can chop up a few cups of seasonal vegetables, go away for a few hours, and come back to a satisfying, healthy, and tasty meal.
Many of these recipes feature fresh Fall produce: root vegetables like winter squash, pumpkin or sweet potatoes, or winter greens like spinach or kale. Some feature legumes like lentils or chick peas. Separately or together, they make for hearty Fall or Winter fare.
And simmering them in a slow cooker means all those wonderful curry spices have a chance to meld while the veggies get fork-tender.
As a bonus, all the slow cooker curry recipes below are vegan and gluten-free.
This post may contain some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
15 slow cooker curry recipes
1. Slow cooker pumpkin, chick pea, and red lentil curry via Kitchen Treaty
Whoever said pumpkin was only for pies and lattes?
2. Slow cooker African peanut curry via The Girl on Bloor
Peanuts are a common feature of many African cuisines, and they pair well with curry spices.
3. Slow cooker coconut curry lentils via Budget Bytes
Coconut and lentils, separately or together, are staples of many classic curries.
4. Slow cooker Punjabi eggplant with potatoes via The Perfect Pantry
If you’re looking for a creative way to cook eggplant, try this hearty curry dish from the Punjab region.
5. Slow cooker butter chickpeas via Delish Knowledge
Despite the word “butter” in the title, this is a vegan recipe. Chickpeas (aka “garbanzo beans”) are the star of the show.
6. Easy slow cooker saag aloo via Amuse Your Bouche
“Saag” is spinach, and it shows up frequently in Indian cuisine. Here it pairs with potatoes for a tasty side dish.
7. Slow cooker red lentil cauliflower curry via Well Plated by Erin
Cauliflower becomes indescribably flavorful and tender when cooked in a slow cooker with curry spices. The red lentils add protein.
8. Slow cooker pineapple and mango coconut curry bowls via Spill the Greens
If you’re craving something sweet instead of savory, here’s a fruity combination that cooks up into delectable sweet side dish or dessert.
9. Slow cooker butternut squash lentil curry via Sweet Peas and Saffron
Slow cookers were made for winter squash. In this case, butternut takes center stage, again with lentils for protein.
10. Creamy cashew curry with tofu and kale via Connoisseurus Veg
An unusual curry of cashew, tofu and kale to expand your slow cooker horizons.
11. Crockpot vegetable curry via The Fitchen
12. Slow cooker coconut red curry vegetable soup via Tasty Yummies
13. Slow cooker spicy Madras curry with coconut milk via Boulder Locavore
14. Creamy slow cooker red beans curry via Chef de Home
15. Slow cooker sweet potato curry via The Lean Clean Eating Machine
More slow cooker recipes:
- 65 best slow cooker soup recipes for those chilly fall nights
- 11 tasty apple recipes you can make in your slow cooker
Slow cooker cookbooks
You can find even more slow cooker recipes in these popular cookbooks: