If you love autumn fruit salads but want a break from apples, try one of these simple yet classy pear salad recipes.
Salads seem to get a little more serious after Fall arrives.
Gone are the colorful garden veggies we could take for granted all summer. But in their place come crunchy orchard fruits and nuts.
Apples have always been a favorite addition to Fall and Winter salads. But for special occasions or just a change of pace, consider adding pears instead.
There’s something about the complex flavor and aesthetic shape of pears that makes them a perfect way to add a touch of class to any meal.
Here are some pear salad recipes that will help you work these beautiful fruits into your Fall and Winter meal plans.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
15 elegant pear salad recipes
1. Pear salad with dried cherries and candied walnuts via Minimalist Baker
2. Roquefort pear salad via The Girl Who Ate Everything
3. Pear, date, and walnut salad with blue cheese via Cookie and Kate
4. Asian pear salad with orange ginger dressing via Jessica Gavin
5. Pomegranate, pear, and avocado salad via Gimme Some Oven
6. Winter pear salad with Meyer lemon vinaigrette via Damn Delicious
7. Cucumber, pear, and sumac-onion salad via Saveur
8. Pear and blue cheese salad with maple spiced toppings via Life as Mom
9. Radicchio, apple, and pear salad via Smitten Kitchen
10. Raspberry and pear salad with homemade raspberry vinaigrette via Yellow Bliss Road
11. Warm Brussels sprouts and pear salad with Dijon vinaigrette via Budget Bytes
12. Basil pear salad with lemon honey dressing via Ciao Florentina
13. Pear and asparagus salad with walnuts and goat cheese via Chef de Home
14. Pear and fennel salad via Love and Lemons
15. Gouda and hazelnut spinach pear salad via Sweet Peas and Saffron
Must-have salad-making tools
Salad making can be a labor-intensive task. Having the right tools can make it a little easier and quicker, as well as producing better results. Here are some of my favorite useful gadgets for making salads:
- Salad spinner: There are few things less appealing than a soggy salad. You can dry your salad greens more thoroughly and save a lot of time and mess by using a salad spinner instead of a colander. If you’re short on space, this salad spinner is a convenient, compact little model that won’t take up much valuable real estate in your kitchen.
- Microplane graters: Graters are indispensible for salad making, whether you’re grating ingredients to toss with the salad itself, sprinkle on top, or add to homemade dressing. I have two Microplane graters: this extra-coarse grater for soft cheeses and vegetables like carrots, and this zester to finely grate things like hard cheese, fresh ginger, and citrus peels. Be forewarned: these graters and zesters are very sharp. If you get one, you’ll also want to get–and use–one of these specially engineered cut-protection gloves.
More Fall recipes you might enjoy:
- 15 easy slow-cooker curry dishes that are vegan and gluten-free
- 15 savory pumpkin soup recipes to warm you up
- 15 tasty zucchini appetizer recipes to help you enjoy the harvest
More fresh fruit recipes you might enjoy:
Like this post? Be sure to pin it for future reference, and sign up for our weekly newsletter so you never miss another one!
Never miss a post.
Subscribe to our FREE newsletter and get our latest content by email.