Add some flavor, color, and nutrition to your table this fall with these delicious fresh fig recipes.
Dried figs are wonderful, and I love to cook with them year-round. But in late summer and early fall, you can find fresh figs here in the U.S., and that’s something to get excited about.
If you’ve never tried fresh figs, you’re in for a treat.
There’s just nothing like the sweet, seedy, squishy goodness of figs when they’re at the peak of ripeness.
As for the nutritional benefits of figs, they’re a good source of fiber, antioxidants, and probiotics, as well as some important minerals.
And fresh figs are truly versatile. They can be the stars of the show as elegant appetizers. They can go sweet or savory in a rich dessert or on a specialty pizza. Or they can play a supporting role in salads and main dishes.
Below, you’ll find a wide range of fresh fig recipes to enjoy while they’re still in season.
This post may contain some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
15 fabulous fresh fig recipes
1. Oatmeal fig bars (gluten-free + vegan) via Bakerita
2. Fresh fig arugula salad with blackberries via Flavour and Savour
3. Grilled fig pizza with balsamic onions and gorgonzola via Feasting at Home
4. Southern fig preserves via Girl Raised in the South
5. Almond-crusted goat cheese, peach, and fig salad via Floating Kitchen
6. Roasted fig tart with honey, goat cheese, and mascarpone via Feasting at Home
7. Fresh fig and Amaretto clafoutis via Cook Eat Live Vegetarian
8. Italian ricotta cheesecake with fresh figs and honey via Billy Parisi
9. Warm figs with goat cheese, pistachios, and balsamic glaze via Culinary Ginger
10. Pork loin with figs and port sauce via Martha Stewart
11. Roasted sweet potatoes and fresh figs via Sheer Luxe
12. Fig and honey galette via The Brewer and the Baker
13. Brown sugar and espresso pavlova with figs and nuts via The Pretty Blog
14. Roasted fig gelato via The View from Great Island
15. Rosemary flank steak with fig salsa via Southern Living
Like this post? Be sure to pin it for future reference, and sign up for our weekly newsletter so you never miss another one!
Never miss a post.
Subscribe to our FREE newsletter and get our latest content by email.